Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SHAMITHA INTERVIEW


It’s not new for heroines to enter the small screen after making a mark in Kollywood. But Shamitha seems to have taken the plunge after having done only one Tamil film, Cheran’s 'Paandavar Bhoomi'. While a lack of film offers forced Shamitha to do mega serials, she has proved herself to be a capable actress, worthy of the offers that have come her way.

“I was very new to the film industry then. After 'Paandavar Bhoomi', I did a couple of Telugu movies, but they were never released. Things were not good for me. I was getting offers for sister or character roles, which I didn’t want to do. I was also getting offers to act in serials for more than two years. I decided to shift to the small screen when I heard Sivashakthi’s script,” says Shamitha.

Though from Andhra Pradesh, Shamitha was born and brought up in Chennai.“My sister Rajeshwari was also an actress. During the shoot of 'Porkalam,' I accompanied her and it was there, director Cheran saw me,” says the actress. Acting as Shakthi in 'Sivashakthi', which is telecast on Sun TV from Monday to Friday at 10 pm, has given her a good exposure.

“People recognise me as Shakthi. The serial is about a bond between a daughter and mother. I am very comfortable acting in serials,” she says.

When she’s not acting, Shamitha spends her time listening to music. “I love to hear music. I entered into the industry without knowing anything. Director Cheran knows what to extract from an actor,” she says. Shamitha is also looking forward to acting in more mega serials in the future.

1 comment:

TAZUL ISLAM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.