Wednesday, November 5, 2008

KAMAL APPEALS ALL HIS FANS NOT TO CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY


Kamal asks fans to refrain from celebrating bis birthday
Padmashri Kamalhaasan on Wednesday asked his fans to refrain from celebrating his birthday falling 7th of this month, as he was "deeply hurt by the killing of Tamils in Sri Lanka". In a statement the actor has appealed "I request my admirers and fans to refrain from celebrating my birthday.I am deeply pained and hurt by the genocide of the Tamil living in Sri Lanka", he said. 'Language, colour, creed and caste can no more be used as excuses for intolerance', he said.

He appealed all his fans to 'redirect' their energy and enthusiasm towards human compassion on his birthday and added that "many are dying for a reason so unbelievably simple. They speak the same language Tamil, as I do. If my birthday can be used a tiny fulcrum to leverage public opinion against this genocide, apart from the honour of gaining your love, I would have one more reason to be proud of my birth".

"I am not qualified to offer solutions to the Sri Lankan problem. Nevertheless, I am sensible enough to refrain and restrain you from celebrations when our neigbours are helpless spectators to genocide and mass funerals", he added

No comments: