Monday, November 5, 2007

SUDHA YET TO BECOME A NEWS READER


( BY N.THYAGARAJAN )


All men have not reached their heights in one day. They toiled years together and finally reached their desired goals. This is going to be in the case of Sudha Praburam who hailed from a village in Vayaloor in Trichy district and settled down in Chennai with her family on account of her husband's transfer.

" I was alone at home, when my husband went to office. I want to do something in my life and I was looking for a job. My husband suggested me to do news reading job for a channel, since, I have studied Tamil upto my college level and I could write and read properly. Then, I joined in three months course on News Reading practising classes in AF School of News Reading organised by Abul Fiaz. There I had my training and everyone started telling me that my news reading was good. That gave me further impetus to join in a channel " says Sudha to the TV Guide.

It was not an easy thing to find a job as News Reader then, says Sudha. Sudha everyday used to visit various channels' offices to find out whether she would receive any job. But she could not find anywhere, except 'anchoring job' on a two-year contract basis with the Chennai DD for the Podhigai's Pon Vilayum Bhoomi. " It was a nice programme, but I lost interest in the anchoring job and finally gave it up even before the contract was ceased" says Sudha.

It was then, the Imayam TV Channel was looking for someone who could do their Magalir Mattum Talk show. Says Sudha, " The Magalir Mattum show gave me a lot of publicity and I enjoyed to do the job of anchoring. Because, the work was not a repetition one. Each and every episode of the programme would be covered by different topics. I was moved by the talks of various women who participated in the programme. The programme had a tremendous audiences which I enjoyed. However, I could not get a News Reader's job".

There is a proposal that soon the Imayam TV Channel would be coming out with daily Tamil News and the opportunity of reading the news might be given to Sudha who has been anchoring various programmes of the channel.

Now Sudha Praburam is anchoring Thirai Varisai ( Cinema programme) under the title of Film Count Down. She is also anchoring Thirai Kannottam, a programme about the review of recently released film. Besides, Sudha does the job of "Voice Over" work. To put it in a nutshell about the "Voice Over" is a job of reading about a particular news or event or reading about a person or a place or a temple when the scene runs on in the channel. Sometimes the Voice Over recorded early and are synchronised with the scenes before its telecast. Sudha also doing the job of telecasting of the songs and dance seqences of the various old films for the Endrum Iniyavai slot of the channel.

Sudha, without mike would be able to bring out her voice with proper Tamil diction blending and attracting all those who talk with her. " She says her voice and the language is the plus point of her and she is yet to be recognised for the News Readers job. Sudha loved many a time, the Tamil News readings of the DD Podhigai Shobana Ravi and said she was her role model.

She refused the offfers when she was asked to do a role in Vijay TV's Kana Kaanum Kaalangal and Podhigai's mega serial Padhaigal. " My aim is to become only a news reader, how then I will go for acting. No Chance!" vehemently refusing Sudha said.

"There was a time I still remember, I don't know what to do. I could not face even a small problems then. After I finished my course on News Reading, I got a self-confidence, that I could do any job. Sun TV Channel's Vanakkam Tamizhagam anchor Gowri taught me the displines that are to be adhered by one aspiring to become a News Reader. I strictly stick on to it and I hope that I will become a News Reader in the near future." says Sudha with a self-confidence in her speech.

What she meant was that the Imayam TV Channel soon will have its News in Tamil slot and this Sudha who has matured enough in doing her News Reading job will be given the job in the channel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good All the best

kalai said...

how long does it took you mam to accomplish what u are now