Thursday, February 14, 2008

DIRECTOR RAJESWAR TELLS SEX THROUGH LOVE IN INDRAVIZHA


K.Rajeswar is a dialogue writer for Aval Appadithan, Paneer Pushpangal, Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai, Kadalora Kavithaigal and Vetri Vizha. He has directed films like Nyaya Tharasu, Idhaya Thamarai, Amaran, Thurai Mugam, and Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi. He is now directing Indra Vizha. The writer and director in an interview to the Southernblaze dotcom said the following answers when a number of questions raised.

Why there is a long hiatus after Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi?
You are under the impression that I am not working after Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi. Really, I could not find time even for my private work, after the Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi was released. People come to know of me only when I direct a film, but they don't know what work I am doing. I have been doing something connected with cine work from the days of Aval Appadithan. If I have no Tamil film work, I will do my job for Hindi films.Recently, I did my job for Rajkumar Santhoshi film. So there is no let up in my work or assignments.

What do you say about some of your films that were flopped earlier?
There are various factors that decide the success of a film. Fans, the release of the film at an apt time and also cine theaters the films are released. Nowadays, no one sees whether the film is a success or not. For example, in those days people talked about Rajkapoor's Mera Naam Joker. But the film was a flop.Guru Dutt's Kagiz Ki Pool was not a successful one commercially. But still the film is treated as one of the ten most successful films that were produced.

My films Nyaya Tharasu and Idhaya Thamarai were enjoyed by many. In my Amaran, I have exhibited the real life as mirage. My other films Sivaleperi Pandi and Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi are still considered good films.

You are winner of many National Awards for directing films. However the value for any director or the writer has gone down in the society. Will you justify this with your answers?
I accept that the writers gradually loose their importance. But it takes only in Tamil film circles. But in Kerala it is other way round. Still the writers have a high respect in Hollywood films. Manoj Shyamalan produced Sixth Sense. The Walt Disney Productions was ready to buy the film for eight million dollars. But Shyamalan did not sell it immediately to the company. He laid down conditions that who should be the apt technicians and actors for the film. Now eight years have gone, still the Walt Disney Production Company is waiting for it. That is how a director and writer maintain their prestige in other countries other than in Tamil films.

Formerly, there were very few production companies which produced films. Nowadays, various producers approach various actors for their films to be produced. They jot down the call sheet dates of these actors and finally approach financiers to shoot their films. In the end, the catches hold some distributors to distribute the film. They want to make quick money or for see heavy bankruptcy in their lives. The story writer who also writes stories for them gradually began to loose their value among the film circles, because they give stories depending upon the urgency's of the producers.

Do you think the growth of the technicalities in films also disrobed the image of writers?
The writers’ knowledge have become commercial. When the finished product of the films come to the market for its sale, the market also determines the values of these films. Sometimes, a full pledged director’s turn as writers of the films story. Hence, the real writers have lost their charms and values in cine circles.

Of all your films, which film do you like most?
I like all my films. Each film has given me a new experience. People still talk about my Aval Appadithan, Paneer Pushpangal. My Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai was released only in three theaters. The film got me gold medal. The story of Kadalora Kavithaigal was mine, and it was also a successful film.

Earlier you have written stories in which Kamal and Rajini have acted. Why then you have not produced films with some front-line actors?
For your kind information, I have not wondered over the artiste's face value or any other thing. There are some artistes who are my friends might have acted in my films. I simply follow the Director Mahendran's approach. He produced Udhiri Pookal with new faces. The film was a super hit. I want the people should always talk about my stories and characters in my film.

Let me say something about this film Indra Vizha
It is about grand celebration that will take place in the Indra world. There will not be any scarcity for happiness, love, awakenings in one's life. In Indra world, people make love with unity.

How are going to describe all these in your film?
First half of the film story will be full of romance and the second half will be thriller. In this story, I have given importance to sex. I have talked about it in the form of love. This is first occasion, in the history of Tamil films the subject is being made as films. Srikanth, Namitha, Hema Malini, Malavika, Raguvaran, Radha Ravi, Vivek, Alex are acting in the film.

No comments: